Friday, June 25, 2021

Epic Road Trip

Most of my road trips are epic, so I suppose that is a silly title of this entry, but I am keeping it’ll anyway. I made this trip to see my son and his family in Rapid City, South Dakota, before they move to Dayton, Ohio—their next Air Force station. 

My first stop was in Moab, Utah, which is about 400 miles from where I live in Scottsdale, Arizona. Moab is home to The Arches National Park. 

My plan what to get up before sunrise after the first night and take photos during the golden hour (just before sunrise) in the park. Unfortunately, some bozo didn’t completely douse his campfire and started a massive wildfire in the region just days before. So, even though I got up really early, drove to the top of the park, the smoke was too thick to see anything good!

So, I made my way to the scenic byway U-128 along the Colorado River.



Sun about to rise over the Colorado River



Reflections



More reflections





Sun rising over a Utah butte



P.s.  Solo balloon at sunrise in Scottsdale, Arizona




No comments:

Post a Comment

On to Estes Park and RMNP….

Monsignor Joseph Bosetti happened upon a large rock outside of Estes Park, Colorado.  He was really just searching for falling stars.  He de...